Eating Disorders are virtually critical and it has been seen quite often that the fatal diseases which can cause severe damage to healthy life are no other than our common Eating habits, behaviors, associated thoughts and the practices. Preoccupation with meals and dashing frames signal us an urge for eating all the way without any appetite and time table. As a result, diseases like Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge-eating etc. surface up and bring sometimes deadly consequences during the course of time, sooner or later.
People suffering from Anorexia Nervosa see themselves overweight, even when they may be are dangerously underweight. Patients of this disease frequently weigh themselves again and again, limit the quantity of food they take, workout excessively, vomit themselves artificially and start using laxatives to shed their pounds in weight. Anorexia Nervosa, in some countries has the highest mortality rate as compared to other chronic mental diseases.
Signs & Symptoms:
- Self-constrained and extreme thinness thinking
- Relentless pursuit and unwillingness to maintain weight
- Intense fear of gaining weight, distorted body image
- Self-esteem encouraged by perceptions of weight and shape and denial of seriousness of low weight side effects
Other signs and symptoms which may develop over the time are:
- Thinning of the bones (osteoporosis)
- Mild anemia, muscle losing
- Brittle hair and nails
- Dry and yellowish skin
- Growth of fine hair over full body
- Severe constipation
- Low blood pressure, slow breathing and weak pulse
- Damage to the structure and function of coronary heart
- Brain damage and multi organs failure
- Drop in temperature causing a person to feel cold all time
- Lethargy, sluggishness, feeling tired all the time
People with Bulimia Nervosa have recurrent and frequent episodes of eating surprisingly big quantities of meals while behaving lack of control over each intake. This type of over Eating compensate for self-vomiting, immoderate use of laxatives or diuretics, fasting, excessive exercising or a combination of all these behaviors. Patients with Bulimia Nervosa may sometimes be underweight otherwise usually they are overweight.
Signs & Symptoms:
- Chronic infected with sore throat
- Swollen salivary glands in the neck and jaws
- Worn out enamel due to stomach acids
- Acid reflux and other gastrointestinal issues
- Intestinal distress and irritation from laxative abuse
- Severe dehydration from purging of fluids
- Electrolyte imbalance (too low or too high tiers of sodium, calcium, potassium and other minerals) which can cause stroke or coronary heart attack
People with binge-eating disaster usually lose their manipulation and control over their sting operations. Unlike Bulimia Nervosa, periods of binge-eating are not accompanied by purging, excessive workout, or fasting but the end result only comes that the people with binge-eating disorder sickness are obese and overweight dangerously.
Signs & Symptoms may also include:
- Eating big quantities of food at a time and repeat the episode in short intervals of 2-3 hours
- Eating full stomach even not hungry
- Eating speedily throughout the episode
- Eating till uncomfortably fully packed
- Eating alone or in privacy to avoid from the embarrassment
- Feeling distressed or ashamed for overeating
- Frequently making weight-reduction plans
Binge-eating Disorder issue can affect people of every age and gender. Problems often appear at some points in the early youth years however these go strong and develop at the adolescence or maturity stage later in life. These problems have an effect on each gender, although runs high amongst the women as compared to men.
Researchers are finding that binge eating problems are caused by a complicated interaction of genetic, biological, behavioral, mental and social elements by using the modern techniques to apprehend the root causes of Eating Disorders. One method involved is the observation of human genes in households. Researchers are trying to identify DNA versions that are linked to the extended risk of developing these issues.
Brain imaging studies are also presenting a better picture of Eating disorders. For instance, researchers have discovered differences in patterns of brain activity in the women affected with eating issues in comparison with the non-affected women. This form of studies can assist manually the development of latest status of prognosis and treatment of eating disorders.
Treatments & Therapies
It is essential to seek an early treatment for eating disorders. People with over eating issues are at higher risk for committing suicide apart from other complications. People with binge issues may suffer mental and psycho problems like depression, stress, tension and problems related to substance use. Complete recovery is however feasible and assured if the Treatment Plans are tailor-made to the individual’s desires. It may consist of one or more of the following:
- Individual, institution or family psychotherapy
- Medical care and monitoring
- Nutritional counseling and Medications
Psychotherapies with a relatives-based remedy is referred to, where mother and father of children with Anorexia Nervosa assume obligation for feeding their baby, seem like very effective in supporting the people to gain weight and improve eating habits and moods.
To lessen or dispose away binge-eating and purging behaviors, patients may undergo Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), that is another kind of psychotherapy which enables someone to learn how to discover the distorted or unhelpful thinking patterns and recognize to change the misguided beliefs. Evidence suggests that medicines along with some antidepressants, antipsychotics, or mood stabilizers will also be helpful for treating Eating Disorders and different co-related illnesses, for example tension or depression.
Clinical trials are being held and research studies are going on to study the new ways to save, discover or treat these diseases. During the scientific trials, treatments might be new drugs or new combos of drugs, new surgical tactics or devices, or new approaches to use existing treatments.
When to see a Doctor?
People with Eating Disorders usually take it as a Fun unfortunately instead of a fatal disease whereas it is a mental sickness that requires quick attention as early as possible.
We, at Islamabad The New Best Rehab Center in Islamabad, are specialized to successfully treat all types of Mental Disorders with innovative ideas by our team of Experts & Professionals.
For more details, please visit our website http://newliferehabcentrepakistan.com/